[R] probleme with R CMD check

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed Jun 4 00:45:42 CEST 2008

    c> I find the problem: the name of my base directory (the
    c> one that contain R, man and test) was not the same than
    c> the name of the package...

Aha!

    c> I thaught this was allowed, I guess I was wrong.

It has been documented to be allowed; and it has been, but
in some circumstances, R CMD check gave wrong warnings, as you
found.

I had found and fixed this buglet on May 22, both for R-devel
and R-patched (which will become R 2.7.1 ...)

Could you try 'R-patched' and confirm that the problem is
solved?

Regards,
Martin

    c> Christophe

    >> reproducible code.  >> Please do -- both --

    c> Sorry... Usualy, I do...

    c> --- 8< ------------ userA <- function(x)x+1 privateA <-
    c> function(x)x+2 .userB <- function(x)x+10 .privateB <-
    c> function(x)x+20 userC <- function(x)userA(privateA(x))
    c> privateC <- function(x).userB(.privateB(x)) userD <-
    c> function(x)userA(.userB(x)) privateD <-
    c> function(x)privateA(.privateB(x)) --- 8< ------------

    >> If I execute these in an empty R session, and do
    >> package.skeleton("EXpkg") system("R CMD check EXpkg")
    >>
    >> I can NOT see the problem you describe below.  Probably
    >> you'd rather should upload the <pkg>.tar.gz to a public
    >> place, to make your problem reproducible.
    >>
    >> Martin

    >> on Tue, 03 Jun 2008 00:32:13 +0200 writes:

    c> Hi the list.  I got a probleme with R CMD check. I run a
    c> package.skeleton on a very simple code (four toy
    c> function, no probleme with the R CMD build). But on the R
    c> CMD check packClassique, I get :

    c> * checking for unstated dependencies in R code
    c> ... WARNING Erreur dans .find.package(package, lib.loc) :
    c> aucun package nommé 'packClassique' n'est trouvé Calls:
    c> <Anonymous> -> .find.package Excecution hated
    c> [French=Exécution arrêtée]

    c> See the information on DESCRIPTION files in the chapter
    c> 'Creating R packages' of the 'Writing R Extensions'
    c> manual.  * checking S3 generic/method consistency
    c> ... WARNING Erreur dans .find.package(package, lib.loc) :
    c> aucun package nommé 'packClassique' n'est trouvé Calls:
    c> <Anonymous> -> .find.package Exécution arrêtée

    c> And so on.

    c> Any idea on what is wrong ?

    c> Christophe

    c> PLEASE do read the posting guide
    c> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained,
    c> reproducible code.

    c> Ce message a ete envoye par IMP, grace a l'Universite
    c> Paris 10 Nanterre