[R] JGR / linux

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Jun 4 00:18:22 CEST 2008

On 3 June 2008 at 13:44, g-h-d wrote:

| About the message resulting from calling say ?matrix: the message may be a
| warning, but ?matrix just doesnt work, I can't use it (or any other help
| command).

I see. That appears to be the same at my end. You may want to bring that to
the attention of the rosuda.org folks.

| About "doing the same update-alternatives call for 'javah' and 'javac'." I
| actually don't know what you mean exactly. Could you please clarify? Thanks.

See what I left from your initial post -- besides running

    $ sudo update-alternatives --config java

it may be prudent to also redirect via

    $ sudo update-alternatives --config javac
    $ sudo update-alternatives --config javah

as 'R CMD javareconf' checkes for all three.  But as you got JGR built, this
may not matter. I always found that other java compilers from gij, gcj, ecj,
... would get in the way.

Hope this helps, Dirk