[R] Difference between snw and rnw files

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Mon Jun 2 14:29:44 CEST 2008

On 6/2/2008 7:25 AM, Delphine Fontaine wrote:
> Dear R-users,
>
> I use Sweave for quite a long time but I still wonder what is the difference
> between snw and rnw files. Why these two file extensions ? I searched the
> web without success.
> Thanks for your answers.

There is no difference from the point of view of Sweave (which doesn't
care about filenames), but users may use those names to distinguish
files meant for R from those meant for S-PLUS.  Or they may just be in
the habit of calling everything S code, since the language is S, and
prefer Snw.

Duncan Murdoch