[R] High resolution graphics from R Windows Vista

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 31 08:01:27 CEST 2008

On the TIFF point -- are you using 2.7.1 patched?  It is likely that the
crash is fixed there (it was intermittent and some of us never see it).

Otherwise you have not described what is 'substandard' nor given any
examples, and others are not reporting such differences.  (I do have XP
and Vista 64 on the same machine, and I see no differences in the PNGs
produced there.)

Are you sure that it is the bitmap file and not the viewer that is
different?  People so often forget that (almost all PDF problems reported
here are in fact viewer problems) -- I was using Photoshop CS3 on both
platforms.

And please don't multiple post:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2008-July/169503.html
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2008-July/169505.html