[R] colnames from read.table

Erik Iverson iverson at biostat.wisc.edu
Thu Jul 31 04:56:38 CEST 2008

Chua Siang Li wrote:
>    Hi.  May I know why the colnames is NULL when reading only 1 column from a
>    csv file?

You are not "reading only 1 column from a csv file", you are subsetting
one column of a data.frame.  See ?Extract and the "drop" argument
specifically.

How do I get the colname then?

?names in this case.  Always know the class of the object you are
dealing with, and which methods are defined for that class.

?class, ?methods

See
  Thanks.