[R] john chambers R book

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Wed Jul 30 22:05:54 CEST 2008

on 07/30/2008 01:27 PM markleeds at verizon.net wrote:
> Just to let everyone know: John Chambers R book is no longer at
> pre-order status on Amazon which is a good thing. The only problem
> is that now it is temporarily out of stock. There must have been many
> pre-orders so now I'm kicking myself for not having done that.

Timing is everything...  ;-)

Mark, given that Amazon does not appear to be offering any discount over
what Springer is charging directly, why not just order from the publisher?

http://www.springer.com/statistics/computational/book/978-0-387-75935-7

They don't appear to be in a back order mode, at least at the moment and
you can leverage the R book discount from them:

http://www.r-project.org/doc/bib/springer.txt

That reduces the price to $63.96.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz