[R] Converting to subscripts and superscripts

naw3 at duke.edu naw3 at duke.edu
Wed Jul 30 21:52:55 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am reading in a CSV file of chemical reactions where the subscripts and
superscripts are encoded in angle brackets, like below:

2 H<SUP>+</SUP> + 2 O<SUB>2</SUB><SUP>-</SUP>

Is there a way to convert these to actual sub/superscripts and save them in
another excel file? I greatly appreciate the help!

Thanks,
-Nina

PS. I asked this before, but I don't think I was very clear about my problem. I
got suggestions about plotmath(), but I wasn't sure if this can also be used
when writing tabular files. Is plotmath() just for formatting text for
graphics?