[R] FOURIER TRANSFORM HELP

renata.camargo05 at ntlworld.com renata.camargo05 at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 30 18:30:44 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have a series and I need to run a Fourier Transform for that series.

I have done that using the function fft from stats package.
However I am not sure whether the result I am getting is correct or not. Seems that the first value of the Fourier Transform list is the sum of all elements of the given series and all the following numbers represent a palindromic series for some how.

I have never used a Fourier Transform before and I don't know whether that is how it should work or not.
Could anyone help me with that or give me some suggestions, please?
Thank you ever so much, Renata