[R] R command history -- can it be like Matlab's?

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 23:16:50 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Prof Brian Ripley
<ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> A patch to do this was posted on 2007-09-29 by Glenn Davis.  Some people not
> addicted to Matlab find the behaviour very inconvenient and prefer the
> getline/readline behaviour (triggered by ^R/^S) of Rterm and R on Unixen.

On unixen you can redefine your up/down arrows in your .inputrc:

"\e[A": history-search-backward
"\e[B": history-search-forward

which I find really useful, but it definitely takes a few weeks of
getting used to.  I suspect there maybe an equivalent for Rterm.

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/