[R] Coarsening the Resolution of a Dataset

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 21:34:31 CEST 2008

I assume that you are doing this on one column of the matrix which
should only have 2160 entries in it.  can you send the actual code you
are using.  I tried it with 10,000 samples and it works fine.  So I
need to understand the data structure you are using.  Also the
infinite recursion sounds strange; do you have function like 'cut' or
'c' redefined?  So it would help if you could supply a reproducible

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 10:09 AM, Steve Murray <smurray444 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, when I get to the 'myCuts' line, I receive the following error:
> Error: evaluation nested too deeply: infinite recursion / options(expressions=)?
> ...and I also receive warnings about memory allocation being reached (even though I've already used memory.limit() to maximise the memory) - this is a fairly sizeable dataset afterall, 2160 rows by 4320 columns.
> Therefore I was wondering if there are any alternative ways of coarsening a dataset? Or are there any packages/commands built for this sort of thing?
> Any advice would be much appreciated!
> Thanks again,
> Steve
> Find the best and worst places on the planet

Jim Holtman
Cincinnati, OH
+1 513 646 9390