[R] R command history -- can it be like Matlab's?

losemind comtech.usa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 21:23:36 CEST 2008

Hi all,

In R GUI window, if you use "up" and "down" key, you will be able to recall
the previous and next command that has been used and stored in the command
history cache.

But there is one inconvenience:

In Matlab, you can type the first a few characters of the command that you
previously used,

and then press “up" key, you will be able to get to that previous command
very fast,

no matter how long ago it has been used...

In R GUI, there is no such functionality.

Any thoughts on making R work my productivity?