[R] Question regarding statisticians

Max mnevill at exitcheck.net
Tue Jul 29 18:27:53 CEST 2008

Hi Everyone,

I'm apologize for asking this in the R-general list, but I'm unsure of
where else to ask this burning question of mine:

Where do statisticians talk on the internet about professional/ career
developement/ issues? I've found many a list (much like this one) that
specailize in talking about statistics, but not about *being* a
statistician. Any pointers to a message board or mailing list would be
very helpful.

The closest I've found is a mailing list of statisticians in the UK,
but it seems to be spammed with job offers from the UK and the odd
question about an area of statistics. The closest thing I've found,
which is for actuaries are actuary.com or
http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum

Thanks in Advance,

-Max