[R] Thin frame line around R pdf output in LaTeX

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jul 26 09:58:49 CEST 2008

There is no 'R 2.7' (see the posting guide).  Have you followed the advice
in the posting guide of using the latest (R-patched) version of R?  I
believe that this has been fixed since 2.7.0.

Please note Mac-specific issues as such on the subject line, and
preferably ask them on the R-sig-mac list.  What you describe is *not* 'R
pdf output', but MacOS X pdf output from R.app.  Apart from not assigning
blame to innocent parties (such as the authors of the pdf() device), it
helps people to help you if you don't use misleading descriptions.

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008, Joseph Retzer wrote:

> I'm using R 2.7 on an Intel MAC.
>
> When I produce a pdf graph, I save the output window from the menu to a
> pdf file. This gives a very nice quality graph.

Eh?  I think you mean when you plot on a quartz() device and save its
output to PDF, this is what happens.  You will get high (not just 'nice')
quality output by using the pdf() device directly, and you can also use
quartz(type="pdf").

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk