[R] problem in choosing cran mirror !

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jul 25 10:11:01 CEST 2008

Oh, please: that is a warning, not an error and not a problem!

R looks on the CRAN master for an up-to-date list of mirrors, and your
machine cannot see the CRAN mirror.  It falls back to the list of mirrors
knwon when the R version was released.

If this persists, set e.g.

options(repos=c(CRAN="http://cms.unipune.ernet.in/computing/cran/"))

in your .Rprofile file (see ?Startup).