[R] Installing R packages in Textmate

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Fri Jul 25 01:03:42 CEST 2008

Perhaps this has something to do with it...

>   getOption("pkgType")
[1] "mac.binary"

whereas you have "MacBinary". But binary is the default in OS X, so
why specify it at all?

Is there some reason why you need to specify both repos and
contriburl in order to get ade4? A simple
    install.packages('ade4')
works for me. Indeed, I don't know of any case where a simple
install.packages('packagename') has installed the wrong version for
me. I've never needed to use the installWithVers option, so unless
you have a specific and understood reason for using it, I'd suggest
not using it.

There's no reason I can think of why Textmate would have anything to
do with it; it's a text editor.  I think you may have given yourself
a red herring.  R is in charge of package installation.

-Don