[R] Coefficients of Logistic Regression from bootstrap - how to get them?

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Thu Jul 24 18:57:17 CEST 2008

To quote (or as nearly so as I can) Einstein's famous remark:

"Make everything as simple as possible ... but no simpler"

Moreover, "as possible" here means "maintaining fidelity to scientific
validity," not "simple enough for me to understand." So I don't think a
physicist can explain relativistic cosmology to me (or an organic chemist,
how to synthesize ketones) so that I can understand it without compromising
scientific validity. The onus is then on me to either learn what I need to
know to understand it, or accept the authoritative view of the physicist (or
chemist). I cannot claim ignorance and reject the cosmology because it is
beyond me. That's the "flat earth" philosophy of science, and it is a
terrible obstacle to scientific progress and human enlightenment, in
general.

Cheers,
Bert Gunter