[R] Using PrettyR to produce LaTeX output

jcarmichael whattheheli at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 22:33:49 CEST 2008

Hello everyone.  I am new to R, so please bear with me.  I am trying to find
an easy way to export descriptive statistics and other information about my
data frame to a LaTeX format.

I have found the describe function in PrettyR to be very helpful in
producing results in the exact format I'm looking for.  However, the value
of the describe function is a LIST (rather than a data frame) which I am
then unable to convert to LaTeX using the xtable package or the latex
function of Hmisc.  When I try to convert the list to a data frame, I get an
error that says "arguments imply differing number of rows."

If that didn't make any sense...ultimately, here is what I'm trying (and
failing) to produce as a LaTeX document...

                                 MALES                       FEMALES
                        Q10     Med    Q90            Q10    Med   Q90
AGE                   xx        xx       xx              xx       xx      xx
BMI                   xx        xx        xx             xx        xx
xx
etc.                   xx        xx        xx             xx        xx
xx

Any help or guidance would be appreciated!  Thank you in advanced!

J.