[R] maximum likelihood method to fit a model

Patrizio Frederic frederic.patrizio at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 12:40:27 CEST 2008

dear Silvia,
quoting Venables WN and Ripley DB (1994) Modern Applied Statistics
with S-plus, sringer, pag 185:

"Since explicit expressions for the maximum likelihood estimators are
not usually available estimates MUST be calculate iteratively"

means that glm.fit performs MLE indirectly and efficiently.

Hope it's help

regards

PF