[R] Decoding subscripts/superscripts from CSVs

Mark Difford mark_difford at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 22 23:04:53 CEST 2008

Hi Nina,

> Subscripts, superscripts, and italics are encoded in carats, and I was
> wondering
> if R can actually recognize those and print actual superscripts, etc.
> Here's an example:

I know that ladies are fond of diamonds (perhaps you mean carets?); though
it isn't quite clear what you want (though we do know what ...). Can R do
superscripts, subscripts and all the other plotmath stuff? Yes, very much
so; but it still isn't clear what your real question is.

See ?plotmath, in any event.

HTH, Mark.