[R] Mclust - which cluster is each observation in?

cnagy nagy666 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 17:39:35 CEST 2008

I'm trying to test a method of identifying individuals (birds) based on
measured data (their calls).

I have test data from known individual birds, and I am using the Mclust
package to see if the program can correctly identify which calls come from
different birds.

So far, mclust has correctly ID'd the number of birds in the test data set
(i.e., the correct # of clusters).  However I also need to correctly assign
each call to the right bird (i.e., data rows (calls) 1 - 10 are in cluster
(bird) 1; rows 2 - 20 are in cluster 2, etc.).

Is there a way to get mclust to show the cluster assignments of each
observation?

Thank you