[R] Access to values of function arguments

willemf jwhferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sun Jul 20 21:02:42 CEST 2008

Dear Mike and Brian,

Thank you very much, this solves my immediate problem. Thanks for your time
very much. I will do the reading on those two functions.

I have looked for books that deal with the more programmatic aspects of R
instead of the statistical side (e.g. dealing with R objects, manipulating
environments, lists in R and the like). I have not seen a huge lot. The
books that I have seen that deal with "Programming in R" are actually
statistically-focused and, as far as I could find out, do not really cover
the programmatic side. Any obvious suggestions for resources that I might
have missed? I have several books on R but R programming (as opposed to
performing statistical/graphical/mathematical manipulation) is one aspect
that I am getting into now and for which I do not have a good reference. The
language ref on CRAN is quite helpful but not a good tutorial at all.

Kind regards,
Willem