[R] Change font-face in title

Albin Blaschka albin.blaschka at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 14:37:52 CEST 2008

Dear List,

Is there a possibility to change the font-face for a part of the title
of a plot?

For example I have the following...

plot(nirs, type="l", xlab="Wellenlänge [nm]", col="darkslategray",
    main = "Spektrum Deschampsia caespitosa")

...and I would like to change the part of the title-string "Deschampsia
caespitosa" to italics? Is that possible? If yes, how?

The only possibility which came to my mind was "tricking" with the
subtitle or with using text()...but that would be ugly...

System: Both Linux and Windows, R-Version 2.7.1

Thanks in advance,
Albin Blaschka