[R] Matching Up Values

Steve Murray smurray444 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 18 12:53:47 CEST 2008

I think the approach is ok. I'm having difficulties though...!

I've managed to get 'merge' working (using the 'all' function as suggested), but for some strange reason, the output file produces 12 extra rows! So now the shorter file isn't the same length as the 'master' file, it's now longer!

The files are fairly sizeable (~60000 rows) so it's difficult to pin-point manually where it's lost track.

Is there an obvious solution to this?

I was wondering if the best thing might be to 'de-merge' the now-longer file, so that the surplus rows are removed. Is there a command therefore which will enable me to compare the now-longer file to the master file, so that any coordinate pairs which are present in the longer file but not in the (now-shorter) master file are removed?

Thanks again,

Steve