[R] Font quality in base graphics

willemf jwhferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Wed Jul 16 09:52:00 CEST 2008

Mark, your suggestion results in about 75% control over the plot. This is the
best that I have managed to get it at, so thank you very much. In Linux you
create a X11() device for screen output. Specifying identical device
characteristics results in a fair degree of similarity between screen
version and EPS version. However in this case, for instance, some labels
along the X axis are omitted in the screen version and (thankfullly!)
included in the Postscript version. Also, the relative sizes of caption font
size and label font size are not identical in the two versions. I have
learnt a few things in this exercise, so thanks you very much for the
advice.