[R] Iterations

Erik Iverson iverson at biostat.wisc.edu
Tue Jul 15 19:41:10 CEST 2008

If you read the help page, ?for, you might have seen under "Value", that

      'for', 'while' and 'repeat' return the value of the last
      expression evaluated (or 'NULL' if none was), invisibly.

So if you want to see the values, print() them.

In general, from the first part of your message, it looks like you're
trying to run some analysis on different subgroups of your data.

You may want to try the functions tapply, by, aggregate, ave, etc., for
this purpose rather than using 'for' loops.

Best,
Erik Iverson