[R] enscript states file for R scripts?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Jul 15 15:37:04 CEST 2008

On 15 July 2008 at 17:23, hadley wickham wrote:
| An alternative to enscript is highlight,
| http://www.andre-simon.de/doku/highlight/en/highlight.html, which does
| come with R highlighting built in.

Another alternative is GNU a2ps which has definitions for R source,
documentation and transcripts.  As it says the bottom of the page at
http://cran.r-project.org/other-software.html (with links)

       GNU a2ps is a fairly versatile text-to-anything processor, useful for
       typsetting source code from a wide variety of programming
       languages. s.ssh, rd.ssh and st.ssh are a2ps style sheets for S code,
       Rd documentation format, and S transscripts, respectively. (These will
       be included in the next a2ps release.)

and indeed, these files have been part of a2ps' upstream releases for a long time.

Dirk