[R] Using Internals via their compiled sources

rnoob tjkorr at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 07:41:12 CEST 2008

Hello,
I wish to use the compiled version of a particular function( mean(x) to be
exact ) and I can't use the source files as I am told by my boss I am to
assume that users will not have the source files available to them. So this
is my question: how do I find out which lib which particular source file is
placed into? I have tried
R.dll,Rblas.dll,Rlapack.dll,stats.dll,methods.dll,Rzlib.dll and a host of
others. I tried using "rcmd shlib myfile.c <filename>.dll" but I still get
file not found errors.

If it helps mean(x) is found in names.c which leads to do_summary which
leads to summary.c and all of these require various .h files.

Thanks,
TJ