[R] source code for R-dev packages

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 14 09:18:54 CEST 2008

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Mark Kimpel wrote:

> Where is the link on www.r-project.org or CRAN to download source code for
> development versions of packages? This is straightforward for BioConductor
> packages but I can't seem to find it for R packages.

It is a Bioconductor concept.  It conflates two ideas -- versions of
packages for the development version of R, and development versions of
packages (possibly for current R).  Many package authors do not make
public their development work, but some can be found on the R-packages SVN
repository and on the Rforges.

Most CRAN packages run under the R-devel
version of R.  For those that do not and need incompatible changes have
versions in, e.g., 2.8.0/Other (currently empty).

As far as I am aware, all CRAN packages that fail under R-devel
(see the on-line 'daily' checks) are failing because of stricter error
checking which has revealed bugs present also under 2.7.x.

> Mark
>
> --
> Mark W. Kimpel MD ** Neuroinformatics ** Dept. of Psychiatry
> Indiana University School of Medicine
>
> 15032 Hunter Court, Westfield, IN 46074
>
> (317) 490-5129 Work, & Mobile & VoiceMail
> (317) 663-0513 Home (no voice mail please)

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

PLEASE: how many years do you need to post before reading what the posting
guide says about this?