[R] Installing RWinEdt

rkevinburton at charter.net rkevinburton at charter.net
Sat Jul 12 21:50:07 CEST 2008

>From the R console I invoke:

install.packages("RWinEdt")

and get:

Warning in install.packages("RWinEdt") :
  argument 'lib' is missing: using 'F:\Users\Kevin\Documents/R/win-library/2.7'
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
trying URL 'http://streaming.stat.iastate.edu/CRAN/bin/windows/contrib/2.7/RWinEdt_1.8-0.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 361598 bytes (353 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 353 Kb

package 'RWinEdt' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

The downloaded packages are in
        F:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpOIlW0F\downloaded_packages
updating HTML package descriptions

So it seems to have worked. But when I use the 'library' command I get:

> library("RWinEdt")
Error in file(file, "r") : cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning message:
In file(file, "r") :
  cannot open file 'F:\Program Files (x86)\WinEdt Team\WinEdt\R.ver': No such file or directory
Error : .onAttach failed in 'attachNamespace'
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'RWinEdt'

Any ideas on how I can install this package?

Thank you.

Kevin