[R] Start preferred RGui

John C Frain frainj at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 00:56:56 CEST 2008

After installing a new version of R, start a console session, cd to
the bin subdirectory of the new R installation (C:\Program
Files\R\R-2.7.1\bin in my case) and run the program RSetReg.exe.  This
will update your registry entries and Tinn=R should find the correct
version of R.  If you have kept your old version (recommended if you
have packages loaded until you have verified that the packages run
under the new system) and you want Tinn-R to load the old version
repeat the process from the bin subdirectory of your old R
installation

This works with XP and I presume that it works with Vista if you have
your permissions set appropriately

Best Regards

John

Best Regards