[R] Issue with postscript figures using WinAnsi encoding

Michael Rennie mdrennie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 15:48:51 CEST 2008

Hi,

Just so this doesn't end up being a dead-end post, here's what I figured out:

It's a GSview issue- for whatever reason, the version of GSview (4.9)
that I am using doesn't recognize WinAnsi encoding. I imagine there is
a way to fix this, but I don't care, because specifying an alternative
encoding value ("CP1250.enc" works fine) jives nicely with GSview, and
I can still get the special characters I was after.

I welcome any ghostscript gurus lurking on the list to provide hints
on why the WinAnsi encoding isn't recognized in GSview and whether or
not there are any workarounds to the problem, but I appear to be
working happliy (for now, at least) using East European encoding.

Thanks to Paul for some hints on where to start looking for the problem.

Mike