[R] Basic help needed

Luciano La Sala luciano_la_sala at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 03:15:43 CEST 2008

Hello all,
New user here. I have R 2.7.1. installed, but don’t have internet access in my PC. Therefore, I downloaded the ISwR package (Introductory Statistics with R) from CRAN and then moved it into my HD.
I can’t seem to install the local package under Windows Vista system. I've tried using the menú "packages" "install package(s) from local zip files...", as suggested elsewhere.

My .zip file is: ISwR_2.0-2.zip, but after countless attempts it shows the following error:

> utils:::menuInstallLocal()
Warning in install.packages(choose.files("", filters = Filters[c("zip",  :
  'lib = "C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-27~1.1/library"' is not writable
package 'splancs' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
updating HTML package descriptions
Warning message:
In file.create(f.tg) :
  cannot create file 'C:\PROGRA~1\R\R-27~1.1/doc/html/packages.html', reason 'Permission denied'

I get similar outputs after trying to install different packages.
Any help will be very wellcome!

LFLS