[R] Summary Stats (not summary(x))

nmarti nate318i at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 9 17:15:00 CEST 2008

I'm looking for a function that lists a few summary stats for a column (or
row) of data.  I'm aware of summary(x), but that does not give me what I'm
looking for.
I'm actually looking for something that is very similar to the descriptive
statistics tool in excel; i.e. Mean, Std. Error, Std. Deviation, Kurtosis.
I'm positive that I came across a function that did this (possibly in
Rmetrics), but now I can't find it.  I lost it in the endless mass of R
functions.

Any help would be appreciated.