[R] problems using mice()

Birgitle birgit.lemcke at systbot.uzh.ch
Wed Jul 9 11:58:57 CEST 2008

R 2.7.2
PPC Mac OS X 10.4.11
library mice 1.13.1

I try to use mice for multivariate data imputation.
My variables are numeric, factors, count data, ordered factors.

First I created a vector for the methods to use with each variable

      ImpMethMice<-c(rep("logreg", 62), rep("polyreg",1), rep("norm",12),
rep("polyreg",12))

next step was

     Test<-mice(df, im=ImpMethMice)

I got the following error message:

iter imp variable
  1   1  variablenameFehler in impute.logreg(c(2L, 2L, 2L, 2L, 2L, 2L, 2L,
1L, 2L, 2L, 1L, 2L,  :
  Dimensionen [Produkt 119] passen nicht zur Länge des Objektes [122]
Zusätzlich: Es gab 50 oder mehr Warnungen (Anzeige der ersten 50 mit
warnings())

 1   1  variablenameError in impute.logreg(c(2L, 2L, 2L, 2L, 2L, 2L, 2L, 1L,
2L, 2L, 1L, 2L,  :
  dimensions [product 119] don`t match lenght of object [122]
Additional: 50 or more warnings (show first 50 with warnings())

    warnings()

1: In any(predictorMatrix[j, ]) ... : wandle Argument des Typs 'double' nach
boolesch

1: In any(predictorMatrix[j, ]) ... : transform argument of type 'double' to
boolesch

I would be very happy if somebody could help me to fix this.
Thanks in advance.

B.

-----
The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.
(Marcus Aurelius)