[R] Sum(Random Numbers)=100

Daniel Malter daniel at umd.edu
Tue Jul 8 09:27:26 CEST 2008

sum.x=sum(x)
while(sum.x!=100)
x=rpois(50,2)

I have tried this, but this can really take some time. In fact, I would
suggest an similarly "fraudulent" activity, draw 49 values, and set the last
nonrandomly to the difference between 100 and the sum of the 49 values if
this difference is a.) nonnegative and b.) not too extreme (say more than
three lambdas out). This is "as random" as the previous approach, maybe even
more.

Best,
Daniel

cuncta stricte discussurus