[R] Reproducibility and GUIs

roger koenker rkoenker at uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 3 17:52:21 CEST 2008

	For a paper on "Reproducible Econometric Research,"  Achim Zeileis
and I would be interested
	in hearing from anyone with (positive) experience and/or suggestions
about GUI-based data
	analysis from a reproducibility perspective.   We omitted coverage of
this topic in an initial
	draft on the well-known principle:  if you can't say something nice,
say nothing at all,"  but have
	now been encouraged add something since "point and click interfaces
are the preferred interface
	for many applied researchers."  Reference to literature and/or
software that address this issue
	would be especially welcome.

	I'll be happy to summarize, bowdlerize and anonymize as you wish if
you would like to write
	privately.  If you would like to see the current version of this
paper, it is available from:

	http://www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger/research/repro/

	Thanks,

url:    www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger            Roger Koenker
email    rkoenker at uiuc.edu            Department of Economics
vox:     217-333-4558                University of Illinois
fax:       217-244-6678                Champaign, IL 61820