[R] PCA on image data

Monica Pisica pisicandru at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 3 16:00:58 CEST 2008

Hi,

You have the values of the principal component in "scores" (for each "location" where you have a RGB reading) and the eigenvectors in "loadings", see
?princomp

So your first pca component would be:

comp1 <- pca$scores[,1]

Now you can transform this in the matrix you need to display your image.

Hope this helps,

Monica

PS. I think prcomp() has the retx argument, not princomp() .... my answer pertains to princomp....

Message: 14