[R] Prediction with Bayesian Network?

Marco Scutari marco.scutari at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 14:40:11 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 6:54 PM, stephanos <exe2 at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am interested in using a bayesian network as a predictor (machine
> learning); however, I can't get any of the implementations (deal, nblearn)
> to learn & predict stuff.
> Shouldn't there also be probabilites for each node after the learning phase,
> how can I access these?

bnlearn does not yet implement any function to "learn & predict stuff"; in the
near future I'm going to define and implement an interface to access the
parameters. At the moment you have to compute the (conditional) probabilities
by hand.

Best Regards,
    Marco Scutari
    author and maintainer of bnlearn

--
Marco Scutari
Ph.D. Student, Department of Statictical Sciences