[R] multiplication question

Peter Alspach PAlspach at hortresearch.co.nz
Wed Jul 2 22:54:04 CEST 2008

Murali

I don't know about 'clever', but does this do what you want?

v1 <- 1:3
v2 <- 4:6
sum(matrix(rep(v1, length(v1)), nrow=length(v1))%*%v2)-sum(v1*v2)

Peter Alspach

The contents of this e-mail are privileged and/or confidential to the named
 recipient and are not to be used by any other person and/or organisation.
 If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete
 all material pertaining to this e-mail.