[R] A regression problem using dummy variables

rlearner309 unixunix99 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 15:38:22 CEST 2008

This is actually more like a Statistics problem:
I have a dataset with two dummy variables controlling three levels.  The
problem is, one level does not have many observations compared with other
two levels (a couple of data points compared with 1000+ points on other
levels).  When I run the regression, the result is bad.  I have unbalanced
SE and VIF.  Does this kind of problem also belong to "near sigularity"
problem?  Does it make any difference if I code the level that lacks data
(0,0) in stead of (0,1)?

thanks a lot!