[R] Installing R into home directory?

Steve Cadman steve at stats.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Jul 1 10:46:51 CEST 2008

I've been trying to install R into a user's home directory for them by compiling from source code, on a machine for which neither of us has administrative access.  I've run configure using the --prefix option to specify their home directory.

This seems to work OK up to a point, but when running make, it seems to expect to be able to install IDL into /usr/local/, and if you are unable to do this, you seem to have to abort make.  Any ideas as to how I can work round this?

Steve Cadman.

--
Steve Cadman
Computer Officer / System Administrator

tel 020 7679 1866 (extension 41866 internally)