[R] Mclust ???

Peng Jiang jp021 at sjtu.edu.cn
Tue Jul 1 03:15:38 CEST 2008

Hi ,Ping .

There ARE two components using the iris[,-5] data.
The Mclust method is using the BIC value to obtain the optimal number of
components of the model, and the result is two.

Try to use Mc$parameters to see the parameters for each component.
I suggest u to read the help document seriously.

best regards.

On 2008-6-30, at 下午8:40, 王春萍 wrote:

> hello everyone
>  I have used the function Mclust, and i found the result(the
> component $z) is
> just two class, why?
>
> Mc <- Mclust(iris[,-5])
> Mc$z
>
> thanks
>
> wangchunping

Peng Jiang 江鹏 ,Ph.D. Candidate
Antai College of Economics & Management
安泰经济管理学院
Department of Mathematics
数学系
Shanghai Jiaotong University (Minhang Campus)
800 Dongchuan Road
200240 Shanghai
P. R. China