[R] Concatenate xyplots

eite2335 jeitel at vandals.uidaho.edu
Wed Jan 30 17:17:14 CET 2008

OK - here is an example:

## Create example data

data = matrix(1:8, nrow=4, ncol=2)

## Name columns "x" and "y"

colnames(data) = c("x", "y")

data = data.frame(data)

## Create 5 graphs with the xyplot command

graph1=  xyplot(y~x, data = data)
graph2 = xyplot(y~x, data = data)
graph3 = xyplot(y~x, data = data)
graph4 = xyplot(y~x, data = data)
graph5 = xyplot(y~x, data = data)

## Print all five graphs on the same page

print(graph1, split = c(1,1,1,5), more = T)
print(graph2, split = c(1,2,1,5), more = T)
print(graph3, split = c(1,3,1,5), more = T)
print(graph4, split = c(1,4,1,5), more = T)
print(graph5, split = c(1,5,1,5), more = F)

## Note that there is a lot of white space between each graph in the y
direction.
## Since the plots share the same x axis I was wondering if there is a way
## concatenate the plots to eliminate the "wasted" white space in the y
direction
## and make the graphs themselves larger?