[R] B-W stacked area chart with pattern

Markus Didion markus.didion at env.ethz.ch
Tue Jan 29 16:12:11 CET 2008

Dear all,

I would like to create a stacked area chart to show the development of
species biomass over time. Since it is intended for publication I need
to prepare in black and white.  I have tried to modify the "stackedPlot"
function submitted to this list by Christian Lasarczyk on Tue, 16 Aug
2005 using shading lines rather than colors to distinguish between the
species. Unfortunately, the result was not very satisfying as the
options using different angles and densities for the shading lines was
not sufficient to clearly distinguish between species. I would thus like
to use different pattern (or texture) for this purpose. I have searched
the various help lists on graphics in R but was unable to find something
appropriate.

Thanks,
Markus

--

Markus Didion

Waldökologie				Forest Ecology
Inst. f. Terrestrische Oekosysteme	Inst. of Terrestrial Ecosystems
Departement Umweltwissenschaften	Dept. of Environmental Sciences
Eidg. Technische Hochschule		Swiss Fed. Inst. of Technology
ETH-Zentrum CHN G78			ETH-Zentrum CHN G78
Universitätstr. 22			Universitaetstr. 22
CH-8092 Zürich				CH-8092 Zurich
Schweiz					Switzerland

Tel +41 (0)44 632 5629		Fax +41 (0)44 632 1358
Email markus.didion at env.ethz.ch
homepage: http://www.fe.ethz.ch/people/didionm