[R] interactive menu in scripts

Michał Bojanowski M.J.Bojanowski at uu.nl
Sat Jan 26 18:47:00 CET 2008

Hi,

Not going into the reason why would you like to do such a thing anyway, I
would suggest:

1. Creating an R file that would  contain all the functionality coded in
functions.

2. The only executed code would be a function that calls the menu() and
executes the appropriate functions.

Sources of existing packages provide a good reference. Have a look for
example on the sources of plot.eff.list in the package 'effects'.

HTH,

Michal

Sources of existing packa

WCD wrote:

> Hello, I would like to make my R script more interactive. Well, I want the
> script to work like this:
>
> I run the script from R Console and it offers me some options (press 1 for
> something, or press 2 for something else). After pressing 1 or 2, do
> corresponding procedure.
>
> I am not able to find out how to do this. I guess the functions menu() or
> switch() are the keys, but I didn't manage to use them properly. Can you
> help me? Are there some more practical examples on the web?
> Tahnks, Filip Kral.

-----
Michal Bojanowski
ICS / Department of Sociology