[R] Lattice on FreeBSD

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Thu Jan 24 15:26:57 CET 2008

--

Armin Goralczyk,

I am working with FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT, R-2.6.1 and lattice() installs fine.

I think you have to update your FreeBSD ports tree. Afterwards you can
install R-2.6.0. The newest version R-2.6.1 is not yet available on
ports, because the ports tree is semi frozen for months now (forthcoming
of FreeBSD version 7.0). This could remain at least until february.

I personally prefer not to use the ports tree to install R. Even the
actual version R-2.6.1 builds and installs fine on FreeBSD without any
port. There are two steps you have to pay attention of:

1. On actual versions of FreeBSD you have to ensure, that gfortran is
accessible. For that you must first install lang/gcc42.

2. Before installing the new R, you have to deinstall the old R-port.
Take care of making a list of your installed and preferred R-packages.
You have to install them again on the new version (other path, other
fortran and other R version ...).

There should be no more difficulties ;-)

Hope this helps,
Rainer Hurling