[R] Bugs through R in Mac

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Sun Jan 20 12:58:54 CET 2008

hits=-2.6 tests=BAYES_00

Fredrik Lundgren wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently changed from Win XP to Mac OS X (10.5.1).
> Is there a way to run  Bugs (in any version) in R (R version 2.6.0
> (2007-10-03)) on this platform?

Which way to "run Bugs in R" did you use in Windows?
On MacOS X, a solution that should work but is completely inelegant is
using the package R2WinBUGS, and running WinBUGS within DarWINE. There
are some rumors that OpenBUGS development will be forced within the next
couple of months, but I am not that confident that we will have a
natively working BRugs version on Mac OS X or Linux this year ...

There has been a discussion between Rodney Sparapani and Gregor Gorjanc
some time ago on the sourceforge mailing list bugs-r-devel (project
bugs-r) you might want to check out.

Uwe Ligges