[R] Select a group of data from a file

Jeremy Baxter J.Baxter at ru.ac.za
Fri Jan 18 09:53:35 CET 2008

Try subset.

help(subset)

Subset returns a subsets of vectors, matrices or data frames which meet
conditions. There are some excellent examples in the help. Here is an example
similar to your email.

Create some data:

Var1<-sample(1:10,20,replace=TRUE)
Var2<-sample(1:10,20,replace=TRUE)

the.old.data<-cbind(Var1,Var2)

head(the.old.data)
     Var1 Var2
[1,]    8   10
[2,]    1   10

the.new.data <- subset(the.old.data, Var2==1)
the.new.data

HTH,
Jeremy

--
Jeremy Baxter, Statistics Department, Rhodes University, South Africa.
Views expressed above, no matter how badly spelt, are my own... I think?