[R] Can anyone help??

hoogeebear jack200519 at yahoo.ie
Wed Jan 16 19:35:28 CET 2008

Hi,

Im getting the following error when I attempt to read a csv file into R. I
have the file saved on my C drive. Id really appreciate it if anyone can
help....

My Command:

> survey <- read.csv (file = "C:\onlinesurvey.csv",head= TRUE, sep =",")

Error:

Error in file(file, "r") : unable to open connection

In addition: Warning messages:
1: '\o' is an unrecognized escape in a character string
2: unrecognized escape removed from "C:\onlinesurvey.csv"
3: In file(file, "r") :
  cannot open file 'C:onlinesurvey.csv', reason 'No such file or directory'

I have the file located on the C drive so I do not know why its telling me
"no such file or directiry".