[R] Using a data frame to create a legend

Tom Snowden tom.snowden at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 14:28:08 CET 2008

Hi,

I am currently in the process of translating a large script from S-Plus over
to R. It's going well so far and all the high level stuff is working fine,
but as they say 'the devil is in the details' and my low level stuff is
struggling. Specifically, I have enountered a problem translating from key()
to legend(); in splus I was able to create a tables of statistics (AUCs and
averages that I had calculated earlier in the script) that lined up with the
key using bits of script as simple as:

key(       text=list(temp.cd),
	text=list(temp.a),
	text=list(temp.b),
	text=list(temp.c),
	text=list(temp.d),
	text=list(temp.lab),
	lines=list(type=c("n", rep("o", length(temp.cd))), col=temp.COL,
pch=temp.PCH),
	border=F, corner=c(1, 1), align=T, cex=0.9)

It is not obvious to me how I would achieve something similar in R and any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom